The 50th annual meeting for CS4 will be held in New Orleans, LA starting on the evening of Nov. 17, 2015 and ending on the evening of Nov. 19, 2015. This meeting will be held in conjunction with the 95th Annual Conference of the National Council for the Social Studies, November 13, - 15 , 2014.
Nov 27 - 19, 2018 (NCSS - Nov 30-Dec 2, 2018) ~ Chicago, IL
Headquarters Hotel - Hyatt Regency Chicago
Nov 19 - 21, 2019 (NCSS - Nov 22-24, 2019) ~ Austin, TX
Headquarters Hotel - JW Marriott Austin
Dec 1 - 3, 2020 (NCSS - Dec 4-6, 2020) ~ Washington, DC
Headquarters Hotels - Washington Marriott Marquis & Renaissance Washington DC
(100th Anniversary NCSS Conference)
Nov 16 - 18, 2021 (NCSS - Nov 19-21, 2021) ~ Minneapolis, MN
Headquarters Hotel - Hilton Minneapolis
Annual Meeting Sign-Up
Sign-up for the annual meeting is now open on the CS4 website. The CS4 Executive Committee met with Brenda Luper (NCSS Director of Finance) and Susan Griffin (Executive Director, NCSS) following our meeting in DC in 2011. During the course of this conversation, the CS4 Executive Board realized that CS4 has been out of compliance with NCSS policies in several areas. After multiple discussions, and in order to be in compliance with NCSS policy, we have agreed upon the following NEW process for signing up for the annual meeting. In addition, it is necessary for all CS4 members to pay for a one-day registration for the NCSS conference in order to attend the CS4 annual meeting.
Instructions for annual meeting sign-up:
All members of CS4 must register for the NCSS Conference PRIOR
to signing-up for the annual CS4 meeting. When registering for the national conference, select the one-day registration fee (if you are planning on attending the CS4 meeting ONLY; other wise, if you are planning on staying for the NCSS conference, then select the full conference option) which will cover your attendance at the annual meeting on Wednesday and Thursday.
- In order to attend the annual meeting, you must hold concurrent memberships with NCSS and CS4.
- Register for the NCSS Conference: http://www.socialstudies.org/conference
- You will need your NCSS confirmation # to sign up for the annual meeting.
- NO money will be collected on-site at the meeting! You should pay your CS4 membership dues either when you renew your NCSS membership or when you register for the NCSS conference.
- To sign-up for the CS4 annual meeting, click here. (Link will go live when registration is posted)
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Don Gifford
(CS4 President) or Robert Austin